Thursday, August 15, 2013

My how time flies when you are busy.  Daughter number 5, now April Hamilton, got married last Thursday in LasVegas so we traveled there Wednesday for the wedding.  We returned home Friday night and then had the monthly food storage canning project Saturday morning.  Sunday, my oldest daughter and I took my granddaughter back up to St.Johns Az. to start back to school the next day.  WHEW, busy busy.  But enough of us.  I made a great appetizer yesterday and had to put it here on the blog.  It does use some food storage items and is GREAT tasting.  I made them with Honeyville Farms freeze dried sausage.




Stuffed Jalapenos
Only 4 ingredients, LOW CARB, and delicious!!! These were gone in 10 minutes after I pulled them out of the oven.....they are seriously that good.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground sausage (or 1 1/2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Sausage)
16 jalapeños
1- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened (or Honeyville powdered cream cheese)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat over 425. Cook sausage until browned. If you are using Honeyville freeze dried sausage, put the sausage into 2 cups of boiling water in a frying pan.  Cook for 5 minutes then drain off the extra water and brown the sausage.  Set aside. Mix cream cheese with Parmesan cheese. Add cooked sausage and mix well. Rinse jalapeños (I put on plastic gloves when I did this part). Cut each jalapeño lengthwise and remove seeds. Stuff jalapeños with sausage cream cheese mixture. Cook for 20 minutes until tops are golden brown (cook on a large ungreased baking pan).  Let them cool for about 10 minutes (if they last that long).

Enjoy
Bob and LouAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment